On September 23, 2022, during the Milan Fashion Week, the partners of the Monitor for Circular Fashion, set by SDA Bocconi School of Management and powered by Enel X, met to update their commitment to The Sustainability Pledge led by Maria Teresa Pisani, Economic Affairs Officer of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (Unece).
Monitor for Circular Fashion’s partners together to foster the transition to a circular economy
In 2022, the Monitor for Circular Fashion’s partners, including Candiani Denim, have worked in teams on pilot projects to support sustainable fashion and test traceability, transparency, sustainability, and circularity. On September 23, they presented the following pilot projects, which help foster the transition to a circular economy:
- Anima, developed by RadiciGroup, Save The Duck, and Vibram
- Component shoes, developed by Candiani Denim and Vibram
- Eco-designed jeans, developed by Kering and Candiani Denim
- M-pocket, developed by Manteco and RadiciGroup
- Repairing T-shirts, developed by Oscalito and Albini Group with the collaboration of Letizia Cruciani
- Think leather, developed by Holding Moda with the collaboration of Quid
- Trace me, developed by Vitale Barberis Canonico with the collaboration of Quid
- What if bag, developed by OVS and RadiciGroup with the collaboration of Quid
Temera, through the t!Journey platform, has been a partner of all the pilot projects and developed the mobile experience of all the realized products with SDA Bocconi and the respective companies, sharing traceability and transparency information.
Pilot projects’ goals to support sustainable fashion
The main goals of these sustainable fashion projects involve:
- collaboration among ingredient brands, brands, retailers, and service providers
- reliable sustainability claims against greenwashing
- implementation and monitoring of specific KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) tested on real-life products and linked to circular fashion activities
- use of eco-design principles in real-life products
Find out more about the event here.
Download here the Circular Fashion Manifesto 2022, best practices update.