Sustainability and transparency at Candiani Denim also mean training and education. We think that providing training to staff and educating consumers and, more in general, the new generations are necessary to achieve a collective awareness of the importance of protecting our planet and to share the industry's best practices.
We share our expertise through ongoing collaboration with universities
It all begins with training and education. Therefore, we value our ongoing collaboration with universities and other institutes worldwide to share our expertise and research with professors, students, and partners.
The universities and institutes we collaborate with include:
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute in the Netherlands
- Central Saint Martins in the United Kingdom
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in the United States
- Fashion Institute of Technology in the United States
- Istituto Europeo di Design in Italy
- Jeans School in the Netherlands
- Kingston University in the United Kingdom
- Milano Fashion Institute in Italy
- Polimoda in Italy
- Politecnico di Milano in Italy
- Ravensbourne University in the United Kingdom
- SDA Bocconi School of Management in Italy
- Sustainability Management School in Switzerland
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Italy
We collaborate with the universities and institutes listed above in different ways: we provide either single lecturers or annual projects, including a series of lectures, as well as a final review of the work done by the students. We also provide universities and institutes with the fabrics to make the students' ideas become real denim outfits.
We receive students in our manufacturing plants and Candiani Custom micro-factory
Moreover, we regularly receive students visiting our two manufacturing plants in Robecchetto con Induno, close to Milan, and our Candiani Custom micro-factory in Milan. We aim to show them what really is behind the scenes of denim production and increase their awareness of the industry by sharing our values and knowledge.